Did you know that only 8% of people actually keep their New Years Resolution. I mean, that can’t be super surprising, right? That means 92% of the you that are reading this blog post have not kept your New Years Resolution in the past. Do we know WHY that is?
Here is my thoughts on a New Years Resolution….
- If you have to wait for one event each year to make a big change, the you really aren’t that interested in making a big change. Change comes when urgency is there! When the pain of your current circumstance overcomes the pain of what it means to make a change, that’s when your mind is made up to keep a resolution.
- A New Years Resolution should have steps! Choose something small that you know you can accomplish in a shorter amount of time. So instead of, “This year, I want to lose 100 pounds!” Choose something like, “This week, I am going to get active and lose 2 pounds.” Upon winning the week, make a new resolution and shoot for that! We all love victories! Grab those victories one by one in smaller increments to build your confidence in keeping a long-term resolution.
- Share your Resolution and even convince someone to walk the path with you! We are humans who like to be with other humans. I mean, for the most part you have someone in your life you enjoy being around. Don’t pretend to be a hater who doesn’t like anyone. That’s weird. Ask one of these awesome people to conquer your resolution with you! You wanna lose 2 pounds in one week? Great! A lot of people would love to lose 2 pounds in a week. Get out there and be vocal about what you want. You need support!
- Blow it up all over social media! Why the heck not?! I’ll be the first to admit, I am not a huge fan of social media. I force myself to engage in social media because it’s good for my clients, my family and I want to inspire people. I am not saying I don’t LIKE social media, I’m just saying it’s not my strong suit. So here’s my thought for you….grab your Resolution and shout it out! You never know who you would inspire to do the same thing. Aren’t we all put on this Earth to love and support one another? I think so! So let it be known that you have a plan, let it be known that you have succeeded and let it be known that you are kicking ass at life. Who else is going to toot your horn if you don’t. We have been trained to not seem arrogant. Great, but have we also been trained to not have self-confidence or a healthy self-esteem? We need to change this mentality, as a society. Let’s congratulate ourselves! Let’s congratulate each other! It’s not a time to compete with your neighbor, it’s a time to focus on being a better you so you can help your neighbor.
So you need some ideas on a great New Years Resolution? There are so many out there so I am going to touch on a couple common ones…
- Get a planner you LOVE! I recently bought the Commit30 Planner and I adore it! It makes me want to open it, use it and get even more organized. Find one you love and use it every day to create the habit.
- Choose one home project each week to tackle and get it done. It’s just one project! Soon, you will have everything done and feel so much pride in your home that you keep it that way.
Quit Smoking or Drinking
- My best advice here is to get a support group and build the support system around you with those who love you. If you are in a constant flurry of individuals with the same unhealthy habits as you, you will undoubtedly fall back into the spiral of your bad habit. Find your moment of strength and sign up for a support group and step away from those who pull you back into bad habits OR get them onboard with you!
- Get rid of your temptations and keep them away from you. If you have it in the house, you will find them in your moment of weakness and game over. Again, in those moments of strong will and determination, get rid of the alcohol or your smokes and stay away from them at all costs.
Lose weight/Diet/Exercise: Of course I had to save this one for last! This is my jam, right here!
- Remember to choose a short term goal and attack another goal as soon as you’ve conquered that one. Start with a challenge you can conquer for one week! Don’t know where to start? Well, now you have me! We have a 5 Day Detox Challenge that we run to get people quick results and get them feeling awesome FAST! It’s the perfect jumpstart to a New Years Resolution because it doesn’t ask for a lot of commitment and it comes with an insane amount of community support. We currently have over 50 people signed up for the Challenge and it starts on Monday the 8th. Ready to lose 2-5 pounds in a week and flush out your system? Click here https://www.vimify.com/t2zkf
- Empty out your kitchen of all the junk food! Same rules apply here…If it’s there, it will tempt you and you will eat it at your weakest moments. Just get rid of it by donating it, taking it to work or simply throwing it away. Then hit the grocery store with a plan of grabbing clean whole foods.
- Get moving! Moving for just 20 minutes a day has incredible health benefits! Whether you are a beginner or a pro with exercise, make a plan to move at least 20 minutes every day. Just this strategy can do wonders for your heart, your brain, your lungs, decrease so many health risks and result in weight loss.
Need more ideas on how to conquer this year? Contact me! I can help!
Contact Honestly, Kelsey